Tuesday, October 18, 2005

All I need now is a nice garret window, a sputtering coal fire, and consumption

I've been out of commission for a few days with horrible, stabbing pain in my ear and jaw. On Monday I was actually sitting in my office grading papers with a hot pack on my head and thought, "Isn't this just pathetic and Victorian?"

Since when do 37-year-old adults get ear infections? I can't even remember having an ear infection as a child. Arghhhhh.

(I'm grateful that neither of my kids got this; better me than them).

Am now getting things under control thanks to geniuses who thought to combine an antibiotic with a ß-lactamase inhibitor. Blogging should return soon.

2 comments:

Frank said...

Adult ear infections seem to be going around. My mother had one. Glad you're feeling better and look forward to the resumption of blogging.

Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Get well soon, and watch out for the feared Avian Flu.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *