Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Best Comment Ever

One of the things I regret about this blog is that I'm not very good at responding to comments. I read every one avidly, but because they can't be replied to directly, I often don't send the emails that I compose. I should probably just post below, but very long blog coment trails remind me too much of Usenet, circa 1989, and I know what a time-killer that used to be. So, first, my apologies for not being a better interlocutor, but please know that I really do value the comments and read all of them immediately.

And now I have to quote the best comment I have every received, It came on this post about my new project, Anglo-Saxon Aloud , which is now up past line 1000 in Genesis. It's by Mearcstapa, who said...
I can't wait to be bumpin' down the street in my sweet ride, crankin' the 'wulf on my i-Pod!

I have not laughed so hard in a long time. Thank you, Mearcstapa!! (and to everyone for your comments).

1 comment:

theswain said...

What a great comment! And what a great sign in name! Wish I had thought of it! Ah well.

Usenet, 1989? Oh, sir, I STILL subscribe to some usenet groups and still waste FAR FAR FAR too much time reading and participating in them. Its embarrassing really.