Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Best Comment Ever

One of the things I regret about this blog is that I'm not very good at responding to comments. I read every one avidly, but because they can't be replied to directly, I often don't send the emails that I compose. I should probably just post below, but very long blog coment trails remind me too much of Usenet, circa 1989, and I know what a time-killer that used to be. So, first, my apologies for not being a better interlocutor, but please know that I really do value the comments and read all of them immediately.

And now I have to quote the best comment I have every received, It came on this post about my new project, Anglo-Saxon Aloud , which is now up past line 1000 in Genesis. It's by Mearcstapa, who said...
I can't wait to be bumpin' down the street in my sweet ride, crankin' the 'wulf on my i-Pod!

I have not laughed so hard in a long time. Thank you, Mearcstapa!! (and to everyone for your comments).


theswain said...

What a great comment! And what a great sign in name! Wish I had thought of it! Ah well.

Usenet, 1989? Oh, sir, I STILL subscribe to some usenet groups and still waste FAR FAR FAR too much time reading and participating in them. Its embarrassing really.

Mearcstapa said...

Gosh fellas, now I'm blushing.

wow power leveling said...

Why was there no follow on bankruptcy then? The bailout of AIG FP went to (wow power leveling) hedge funds that bound credit swaps on Lehman failing or others betting on rating (wow power leveling) declines. AIG has drained over 100 billion from the government. Which had to go to those who bet on failures and downgrades. Many of whom (power leveling)were hedge funds. I-banks that had offsetting swaps needed the money from the AIG bailout or they would have been caught. Its an (wow powerleveling) insiders game and it takes just a little bit too much time for most people to think (wow gold) through where the AIG 100 billion bailout money went to, hedge funds and players, many of whom hire from the top ranks of DOJ, Fed, Treasury, CAOBO
wow goldwow goldwow goldwow gold CAOBO