Monday, December 17, 2012

New Audio Course on the Vikings

Just in time for Christmas, my latest audio course is out from Recorded Books as part of the Modern Scholar series.

The Norsemen: Understanding Vikings and their Culture



















I'm pretty pleased at how this one came out. Come for the atrocities, stay for the poetry and literature.  I'm afraid I'll never be as comfortable in reading Old Norse our loud as I am with Anglo-Saxon, but I did get a fair bit of the poetry in there.

6 comments:

The Red Witch said...

@Come for the atrocities, stay for the poetry and literature.

LOL! That's a great line. The Icelandic sagas are just amazing. It would be nice if more of them were readily available in print.

Ahmed Aldebrn Fasih said...

Excited for Recorded Books to post the course guide online so I can see which sagas to read before hitting Lecture 6. I'm powering through Burnt Njal's saga, which is discussed in Shutt's "Masterpieces of Medieval Literature" Modern Scholar course.

Amelia said...

Yey!! This felt a bit like a Christmas present! Merry Christmas =)

Anonymous said...

LOVING this :)

Unknown said...

Oh, how very tempting....

Natalie said...

Found this at my local library.
Such an engaging listen!

I wish all my professors had been as passionate and their lecturs as well structured.

Well done.